Errors with Survival Mode - Time have been fixed

You should only post here if you encounter a crash bug or other technical issue with the game or Internet Ranking. Do not post complaints or feedback here; those should be posted in the Feedback forum.

Errors with Survival Mode - Time have been fixed

Postby yyr » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:41 am

The time wasn't displaying properly...this has been fixed.
Aaron Teplitsky
yyrGames
I hope you're having fun with them!
yyr
Site Admin

Re: Errors with Survival Mode - Time have been fixed

Postby gothicrevue.com » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:07 pm

for the survival mode records...it doesn't seem to matter what speed you have the game on...that makes the time records kinda cheesy....
gothicrevue.com

Postby gothicrevue.com » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:11 pm

BTW..Alex..does marathon mode have an internet ranking code?...(60 levels...bloody hell..(I can't seem to recall 60 levels on easy..are you counting the "extra" levels as well?..))
gothicrevue.com

Postby gothicrevue.com » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:12 pm

whats up with the "absolute score..of one million..." was that a coding glitch or something?...that person shows up nowhere else on the boards and yet he lasted for 6+ minutes...to get that kind of score..
gothicrevue.com

Postby yyr » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:37 pm

gothicrevue.com wrote:for the survival mode records...it doesn't seem to matter what speed you have the game on...that makes the time records kinda cheesy....

If you play on Turbo or Extreme (ugh!) speed, yes, you can IN THEORY score more points because you can cover more ground in the same amount of time, but you must compensate for that by reacting much more quickly during the entire time...one mistake and the game is over. So it's a matter of risk vs. reward.

If you play on Slow or Slowest, you are dooming yourself, because you will at some point not have enough time to get to the targets any more. 4 seconds is not enough when you're moving that slowly. However, I decided to let Slow/Slowest players have a go at it anyway.

gothicrevue.com wrote:BTW..Alex..does marathon mode have an internet ranking code?...(60 levels...bloody hell..(I can't seem to recall 60 levels on easy..are you counting the "extra" levels as well?..))

Yes, Marathon Mode is open for Internet Ranking, but you must clear the entire game to receive a code! And yes, you must play ALL stages, including the 2 Extra Stages at the end of each course!

gothicrevue.com wrote:whats up with the "absolute score..of one million..." was that a coding glitch or something?...that person shows up nowhere else on the boards and yet he lasted for 6+ minutes...to get that kind of score..

I am 99% certain that it's not a glitch. It's possible to get nice round numbers, just unlikely...it's happened to me more than once.

It is quite possible to get scores much higher than that in less time. If you make a lot of Quick Moves you will find that your score climbs very quickly...I've scored well over 2+ million in Survival and have never lasted 6 minutes!

Thanks for enjoying Internet Ranking =)
Aaron Teplitsky
yyrGames
I hope you're having fun with them!
yyr
Site Admin

Return to Snake360 Bug Reports